Unified communication interface
Communication modules communicate with the SMARTiC system via protocols in the XML format.
For communication between a telematics device and the communication module a communication service is used, which defines in what way (by what principles) the device will communicate with the module.
The communication service defines these ways of communication
- device provides data on-line
- device provides data at regular intervals
- commands can be sent to a device
- device provides information on conditions at regular intervals
- device provides information on situation on request
Receipt of data and information on the condition of the device
Every telematics device transmits to the communication module information about its technical condition and, depending on the device type, also the recorded data.
If the system does not receive data or information on the condition within the interval defined in the communication service, a warning message about the situation is generated.
Sending commands to a telematics device
the communication module passes control information to the given telematics device.
Sending traffic information to recipients
The communication module of the "Data distribution interface" ensures the transmission of traffic information from the SMARTiC system based on defined rules
- automatically on the creation or updating of traffic information
- on the recipient’s request
Traffic information may be sent to a recipient using various protocols: HTTP, FTP, SMTP (email) – based on parameters pre-set for each recipient.
- SMARTiC – a basic overview
- Data acquisition and processing
- Traffic monitoring
- Traffic management
- Traffic information dissemination
- System administration
- Unified communication interface
- Unified user interface
- Web-based applications for providing traffic information
- Mobile applications for providing traffic information
- Applications for traffic engineers
- Technological equipment for control rooms
- Integration of telematics devices with the SMARTiC system