The module sends operators warning messages on the occurrence of situations of which an operator must be informed.
Warning messages are generated on the basis of the rule base and are sent to a person or group of persons occupying a certain role in the system. On the request of the operator, the module also provides an overview of current and historical warning messages of various degree of importance.
Visualization and monitoring of the traffic situation
The module provides optimum visualization of all information on the traffic situation.
The information is provided to operators in the form of text and interactive graphic maps.
The module provides a visualization of the current traffic load map using basic data obtained from traffic detectors, namely from the module for the calculation of the traffic situation. Traffic volume at the individual road sections is symbolically marked on the map in various colours – these symbols can be set by the administrator.
Further, the module provides visualization of
- the meteorological situation, using data obtained from weather stations
- information on traffic incidents obtained from external systems, e.g. the police, fire brigade, road network management, etc.
- traffic conditions in tunnels – information is obtained from the systems of tunnel control rooms
- information on changes in traffic volume in a tunnel (lane or tube closure, etc.) and the reason for the change in the traffic situation in the tunnel (accident, fire, etc.)
- images from cameras placed on roads
- enable the operator to check the traffic situation visually
- travel times, which are calculated by the module for travel time calculation
Each type of information is assigned its own graphic symbol or icon. The module allows the operator to display basic information about the given incident by moving the mouse over the symbol. After clicking on the symbol, detailed information is displayed about the incident and also, if necessary, historical events connected with the given incident.
Visualization and supervision of the technical condition of telematics devices
The module provides the optimum visualization of all information on the technical state of telematics devices.
Information is provided to operators in the form of text and interactive graphic maps.
The module provides visualization of the state of all available telematics devices
- traffic detectors (counters, video detection…)
- monitoring cameras
- road weather stations
- VMS, PDZ
- traffic lights
- parking systems
- and others
Each type of information is assigned its own graphic symbol or icon. Based on its colour coding, every symbol expresses immediately the basic information on a device’s technical state – i.e., for example, a yellow symbol indicates that the device is working and communicating properly, an orange symbol means that the device has a minor fault which does not directly influence the traffic situation; a red symbol means a non-functional device.
If the operator clicks on the given icon, the module displays detailed information on the technical state of a telematic device, including the option of viewing historical conditions.
- SMARTiC – a basic overview
- Data acquisition and processing
- Traffic monitoring
- Traffic management
- Traffic information dissemination
- System administration
- Unified communication interface
- Unified user interface
- Web-based applications for providing traffic information
- Mobile applications for providing traffic information
- Applications for traffic engineers
- Technological equipment for control rooms
- Integration of telematics devices with the SMARTiC system